Saturday 18 January 2014

Snowflakes

Hi Bloggers,

Todays card is an entry in this weeks Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge No. 115 “Snowflakes”.  Snowflakes!!!!  I grew up in central Queensland and I’ve never seen snow in my life, so this was a challenge for me.  I own snowflake dies and embossing folders, but even for Christmas cards, I’m not big on snowflakes, because it doesn’t snow here.  But anyway, challenge or not, I’ve given it a go.

2014-01-18 22.26.59

2014-01-18 22.28.12

2014-01-18 22.28.24

I have embossed my white core cardstock with the CLD Snowflake Flurries embossing plate, I’ve left the paper attached to the plate with painters tape and lightly sanded the cardstock to bring out the embossing.  The darker cardstock for the mat and Elegant Labels 4, I’ve actually coloured with a pearl ink because I couldn’t find just the right colour to use.  I’ve used the same ink to colour both the light and dark poinsettias. The centres have been filled with silver micro beads and the holly flourish has been cut from white cardstock and coloured with a silver mist. Unfortunately, even though Cheery Lynn have a huge range of snowflake dies, I don’t own any.  So I’ve used a snowflake die from Die-namics (I’m unsure of the name of it, I’ve owned it for a number of years), I’ve attached the snowflakes with foam tape and kindy glitzed them, for a bit of sparkle.

Cheery Lynn dies used:  B148 Holly Flourish, DL113 Exotic Butterfly small #2, DL113A Small Angel Wing, B324 Poinsettia Strip, B154 Medium Rose

Other Ingredients in this card:  S4-190 Spellbinders Labels 4, S6-005 5x7 Elegant Labels 4, Die-namics Snowflakes, ribbon, pearls, rhinestone flourish, micro beads, white core cardstock from DCWV, 90gsm white regal parchment paper (for the flowers), white linen cardstock (for the card base)

Have a great day and thank  you for looking.

Cheers

Jenelle

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenelle, Your flowers are always so stunning. I find it strange you have never seen snow, guess with staying in Scotland, the only weather we don't see these days is the sun. Good luck with the challenge as always. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenelle, this is just gorgeous! I love the pink poinsettia's, so dainty and feminine. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Just beautiful. All the beautiful flowers and the snowflakes together look so good. Thanks for joining the Cherry Lynn challenge

    ReplyDelete